Department of Economics
Gatton College of Business and Economics
University of Kentucky
- Firms and the Decline in Earnings Inequality in Brazil, with Jorge Alvarez, Niklas Engbom, and Christian Moser. American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics; Vol. 10, No. 1, Jan. 2018.
- After the Panic: Do Financial Crises Cause Demand or Supply Shocks? Evidence from International Trade, with Alan Taylor. NBER Working Paper No. 25790. [Brookings] [Washington Center for Equitable Growth] [AIER] [summary in french]. American Economic Review: Insights; Vol 2, No. 4, Dec. 2020.
- The Matching and Sorting of Exporting and Importing Firms: Theory and Evidence [pdf]. Forthcoming, Journal of International Economics.
- Labor Earnings Inequality in Manufacturing during the Great Depression, with Nicolas Ziebarth and Chris Vickers. The Journal of Economic History; Vol 20, Issue 2, June 2020.
- The Transmission of Commodity Price Super-Cycles [pdf], with Felipe Saffie and Sergio Urzua. NBER Working Paper No. 24560. Reject and Resubmit at the Review of Economic Studies.
- The Impact of the 2018-2019 Trade War on U.S. Local Labor Markets [SSRN Working Paper] with Felipe Saffie
- Productivity and Trade Dynamics in Sudden Stops, with Felipe Saffie and Hidehiko Matsumoto. [SSRN Working Paper]
- Anxiety or Pain? The Impact of Tariffs and Uncertainty on Chinese Firms in the Trade War, with Jaerim Choi, Deborah Swenson, and Mingzhi Xu. [NBER Working Paper No. 27920] (This paper subsumes The Negative Impact of the U.S.-China Trade War on Chinese Firms)
- Decomposing the Effect of Trade on the Gender Wage Gap [pdf], with Josh Ederington. Revise and Resubmit at the Canadian Journal of Economics.
- International Trade (ECO 471) (undergraduate level)
- Industrial Organization (ECO 461) (undergraduate level)
- International Trade (ECO 772) (graduate level)
- International Finance (ECO 771) (graduate level - 1 month module)
Please find the materials for these courses on Canvas.